The WOW Awards
The WOW Awards: Recognition of Exemplary Ideas in Visitor Services, celebrate DMOs' creativity, effectiveness, and adaptability in servicing the many visitors that experience destinations worldwide.
After a successful inaugural recognition in 2014, you're invited to submit your best ideas. This year, the WOW Awards Selection Committee will honor one winning submission for each of the following categories:
1. Most Creative
2. Most Cost-Effective
3. Most Adaptable/Replicable
Eligibility & Consideration
1. Your project was been planned for 2016 and implemented as of May 31, 2016.
2. You’ve submitted your project by the deadline of August 26, 2016.
3. The project description and outcomes are explained in 185 words or less.
4. Submission must include a one-page summary with one photo, a short description, cost summary, reach, what went well, and what would be changed.
Key Items to Consider When Choosing a Project to Submit for the WOW Award:
- Why was the project needed?
- What issue/problem did it solve?
- Was sustainability an objective?
- What key outcome(s) were you seeking to define success?
- How did you measure success?
- Were you consistent with measuring success against projected outcomes?
- Your DMO’s investment: What financial commitment did the project require in terms of financial resources, staff hours, expenditures and any other considerations?
- Did the project reflect a strategy tied to your DMO’s strategic plan? If so, how?
Maximum characters allowed: 1,000 (approximately 185 words)
Questions: Contact Colleen Phalen at CPhalen@destinationmarketing.org
Submissions are being accepted until August 26, 2016. To submit your project, please click here.
Winning DMO Presentations
In honor of the award recipients, DMAI is providing a platform for honorees of the WOW Awards at the 2016 Visitor Services Summit in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
One of the team’s representatives will be asked to share a 10 minute presentation with colleagues at the Summit targeting the winning project and its outcomes.
Congratulations to 2015 Recipients
Most Creative: Travel Lane County "MIKE the Bike"
Most Cost Effective: Visit Norfolk "Extreme Office Makeover"
Most Replicable: Chapel Hill/Orange County Visitors Bureau "Access Guide"