Certified Destination Management Executive (CDME) Credential
Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI) is recognized as a leader in the DMO industry and is dedicated to the professional development of its leadership. As the DMO industry’s highest educational achievement, the Certified Destination Management Executive (CDME) program seeks to enhance business acumen through an integrated executive program specifically designed for the Destination Marketing industry.
The curriculum covers key avenues of learning to advance thought leadership and to both deepen and strengthen leadership and management competencies. The content covered helps DMO leaders to more effectively adapt and to manage increasing change and competition.
The suitable applicant is an experienced DMO professional who has developed a broad knowledge base mirroring DMAI’s professional tracks and DMO industry standards.
2016 CDME Graduates
Congratulations to the 2016 graduating class of the CDME program! View the full list here.
2017 CDME Series
February/March 2017: Spirit of Hospitality/Destinations Showcase
Location: Washington, DC
- Destination Leadership: February 26-27 (2 Day Core)
- Destination Social Media Marketing: February 28 and March 1 (Concurrent 1 and Half Day Elective)
- Destination Partnership Development and Innovative Funding: February 28 and March 1 (Concurrent 1 and Half Day Elective)
July 2017: Annual DMAI Convention
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Strategic Issues in Destination Management: July. (2 Day Core)
- Destination Advocacy and Community Relations: July (2 Day Core)
- Development of the Destination Experience: July (Concurrent Elective)
- Technology and Digital Marketing Communications in Destination Management: July (Concurrent Elective)
November 2017: Special Session on DMO Marketing Leadership
- Destination Marketing Planning: Date TBD (2 Day Core)
- Destination Sales and Services Management: Date TBD (Concurrent 1 and Half Day Elective)
- Destination Financial Management: Date TBD (Concurrent 1 and Half Day Elective)