About the Industry
Photos and Videos
Destination marketing organizations (DMOs) come in many different forms, but all are the principal organization of a given political division or subdivision that is organized to promote its respective destination to attract visitors and/or to solicit and service conventions.
It is defined and authorized by its appropriate incorporated government entity as the representative organization exercising those functions.
These organizations charged with representing a specific destination and helping the long-term development of communities through a travel and tourism strategy.
For visitors, DMOs are like a key to the city. As an unbiased resource, they can serve as a broker or an official point of contact for convention, business and leisure travelers. They assist planners with meeting preparation and encourage business travelers and visitors alike to visit local historic, cultural and recreational sites.
- Increase the economic benefits of tourism and meetings to their respective destinations
- Inspire travelers to visit their destination
- Influence travel throughout their communities to increase spending and enhance the visitor experience
- Attract conventions, meetings and events to their destination
- Vacation and leisure travelers
- Meeting professionals, convention attendees and business travelers
- Tour operators and travel agents