Sales Academy I
Sales Academy I offers key knowledge sharing and application for emerging sales professionals facilitated in an environment that positions the unique value proposition of the DMO to its diverse stakeholder groups with an emphasis on the meeting planner’s perspective.
What Others Say
“The class was top notch and I have recommended it not only to other CVB's and DMO's but to everyone in my office that may not do sales, but could benefit from the class.” ~ DMAI Member
Rick Hughes, CDME
Hughes's career has found him in jobs ranging from 'bellman' to 'CEO'. His 14 sales/marketing appointments, within four hospitality organizations, span the country. Responsibilities included hotel sales, corporate marketing, regional marketing, and destination marketing/management. Rick retired from the Kansas City CVA in July 2013 after 10+ years as CEO. Prior he was EVP/COO at the Indianapolis CVA.
At Marriott Corporation, for 14 years, he was a designated sales training facilitator. Active with DMAI, he has served on the executive committee, and is a CDME faculty/moderator in the 'strategic issues' module. As part of the Purdue University extension, he served as a tourism consultant/instructor to Hangzhou China.
- Practical knowledge about the DMO industry and DMO’s economic impact.
- Positioning of a key business partner to stakeholder groups via the brand promise.
- Unearthing useful steps to prospecting and managing the sales process.
- Developing your personal sales plan to define your niche and to enhance your success.
Member Bureau Staff: US $395
Non-Member Bureau Staff: US $515
*Costs include all meals and course materials
739 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Rate: Single/Double - $169
For reservations online Click here or call 1-888-696-4806. Be sure to mention DMAI to get the special group rate. The hotel cut-off date is October 10, 2014.
For hotel or booking issues please contact Cindy Kong.
- A taxi is approximately $36 from the airport to the hotel
- Airport Shuttle is approximately $20 from the airport to the hotel and roundtrip is $38