DMAI recognizes that sales professionals are both an integral part of DMO success and the industry at large. The Sales Academies are designed to advance the skills and development of DMO professionals who are at different stages of career development.
Upcoming Program Dates
Dates Coming Soon
*A special 3 hour session, “Transitioning to a DMO: A Primer on Landscape, Structure and Resources” is offered from 3:00 – 5:00 pm the day prior to Sales Academy II for participants who are experienced sales professionals yet new to the DMO environment. This session provides a foundational knowledge of the industry and its resources, and is complimentary to Sales Academy II registrants, however, registration is required.
Profile of Participant:
DMAI Sales Academy I provides foundational support and skills for the professional who is new to the DMO sales environment. Since individuals join their DMO starting from different career experiences, the following professionals will value the instruction and content:
- Individuals who are both new to the DMO environment and sales.
- Individuals who are new to the DMO environment and have at least two years of sales experience from another industry.
- DMO associates who are re-entering sales and need a review of the DMO sales fundamentals.
- Pre-work assignments that set-up a deeper dive into designated content
- Interactive discussions through direct application of techniques and skills
- Peer exchange to initiate mentoring and coaching for ongoing development
DMO sales industry-specific tools and best practices to immediately impact your team’s production and bottom-line, to include:
- Characteristics of the DMO Landscape
- Diverse Resources to Help Drive Success
- What is the DMO Value Proposition?
- The Sales Process from the DMO Value Proposition
- Leveraging Your Authentic Brand
, Training and Communications, empowerMINT.com
, a product of DMAI
Terri started with the organization in June 2010 and brings over 25 years of hospitality industry experience to her role. She has held previous positions with Marriott Hotels and Resorts and the San Diego CVB, in both as a director of sales and regional director of training capacity. Her personal forte is the design and delivery of high energy/high impact training sessions aligned with business needs to engage participants and to enhance learning on all levels for maximum personal and professional growth!
Remember to register for Sales Academy II Pre-Session!
Transitioning to a DMO: A Primer on Landscape, Structure and Resources
*A special 3 hour session for participants who are experienced sales professionals yet new to the DMO environment will be offered the day before Sales Academy II. The session provides a foundational knowledge of the industry and its resources, and is complimentary to Sales Academy II registrants.
Profile of Participant:
DMAI Sales Academy II is designed for the experienced DMO sales professional to enhance existing skills and to further career progression and development. As roles are more complex both in scope of responsibilities and managing others, this course takes a strategic approach to attaining success.
The following professionals will value the instruction and content:
- Individuals who have at least five years of DMO sales experience.
- Individuals with strong sales experience from outside the industry and need to acquire and/or strengthen DMO foundational skills.
- Pre-work assignments that strengthen leadership skills
- Interactive discussions through shared knowledge of best practices In-person peer to peer exchange
- Advancing development through diverse DMAI resources
DMO sales industry-specific tools and best practices to immediately impact your organization’s production and bottom-line, to include:
- Leadership/Personal Preference Assessment
- Navigating Your Sphere of Influence
- Exploring New Channels to Impact Sales
- Designing and Driving Outcomes via the Sales/Marketing Plan
Facilitator, Consultant, Speaker
Master Connection Associates (MCA)
Lori brings 25 years of experience in training and sales. Her previous work includes the development of learning workshops in customer service and leadership as well as work with entrepreneurial start-ups. She has developed and facilitated training for major brands in the hospitality industry including the development and implementation of a 12-week management training program with Interstate Hotels & Resorts. She also developed and implemented an 18-month process for starting and running a successful consulting business for Tanner Companies. Lori also brings her experience in pharmaceutical sales with companies like Astra Zeneca, Abbot Labs and Lilly. She is also published in the Journal of Sales and Major Account Management, from Northern Illinois University.
Education Powered by the Destination & Travel Foundation
Linda Andreani, Director of Professional Development Programs - email