President & CEO, Memphis CVB
DMAI Member Since: 1995
Kevin Kane is acknowledged face and voice of Memphis tourism. He is president and CEO of the Memphis Convention & Visitors Bureau and president of its subsidiary MMG LLC, which manages the Memphis Cook Convention Center and the Cannon Center for the Performing Arts. He is the immediate past chairman of the board for Destination Marketing Association International, the central organization for 650 CVBs in 30 countries around the world. He is an executive committee member of US Travel Association and of the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
Since joining the CVB in 1991, Mr. Kane initiated the first hard sell of Memphis music to attract visitors. The city’s music brand and iconic logo “Memphis – Home of the Blues, Birthplace of Rock ‘n’ Roll,” was created under his direction. He opened new visitor centers in Shelby County and established new sales teams in DC, Chicago, London, and Germany. He created the Memphis Sports Council, to market the city’s fast growing inventory of sports facilities.
Locally his service includes:
- Past Chairman of Memphis Rock ‘N’ Soul Museum
- Executive Committee member and Past Chairman of the Blues Foundation.
- Executive Committee member of Memphis-Shelby County Sports Authority.
- Board Member of Metropolitan Memphis Hotel & Lodging Association
- Christian Brothers High School Board Member
- Memphis Regional Chamber of Commerce Board Member
- Memphis Regional Chamber of Commerce Chairman’s Circle Member
- President of the 2009 AutoZone Liberty Bowl.
- Junior League of Memphis’ Community Advisory Board member.
- Member of the Tennessee Tourism Committee Appointed by Governor Haslam, the Memphis Transportation Commission
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine Advisory Board
Mr. Kane is a native of Memphis and a graduate of Christian Brothers High School and the University of Memphis. He is an avid sports enthusiast, tennis player and golfer.