DMAI Presents: Destinations Showcase Washington, DC
Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mt Vernon Pl NW, Washington, DC 20001
DMAI's Destinations Showcase Washington, DC has grown to become North America's largest one-day event exclusively bringing conference, convention, and trade show professionals together with exhibiting meeting destinations from the United States and beyond.
- One exculsive trade show connecting planners and destination experts
- One day packaged with compelling education and resourceful contacts
FREE Conference & Expo Pass (Planner Only)
- Discover the perfect destinations for your upcoming conferences, conventions, or trade shows—in a just one afternoon.
- Meet face-to-face with experts representing meeting destinations from across the U.S. and as far as Zimbabwe—in a compact, geographically-arranged expo hall—all eager to host your next meeting.
- Plus, compelling education sessions, a keynote luncheon, unlimited networking opportunities, chances to win great prizes, and CMP credit.
Washington, DC Keynote
Events as “Smart Power”: Using Hospitality to Set the Table for Diplomacy
Presented by Capricia Penavic Marshall,
Former Chief of Protocol of the United States
As Chief of Protocol of the United States, bearing the rank of Ambassador, from 2009 until 2013, Capricia Penavic Marshall was the United States’ lead representative in setting the stage for diplomacy at the highest levels.
Marshall will share how the State Department used “smart power” to enhance diplomatic efforts through meetings and events, creating experiences to foster connections and building bonds between people and cultures.
She has also introduced innovative new programs, including the first international conference for global chiefs of protocol, the Chef Diplomatic Corps and the lessons from her work at the White House and the State Department can translate to boardrooms and marketing plans.
Site Selection Simplified
Meeting Locations, Convention Facilities, Conference Sites
From Anchorage to Miami, Mexico to Canada, the expo hall at DMAI's Destinations Showcase provides the ultimate resource for identifying the best meeting destinations from across the U.S. and beyond. Urban or airport, mountain or beachfront, gaming or golfing—you'll find it all in just a single, productive day away from the office.
Our exhibiting destination marketing organizations (DMOs), also referred to as convention and visitor bureaus (CVBs) or tourism boards, provide unbiased information—at no cost to planners—to help you find the best values; learn about meeting facilities, exhibit space, and hotel room availability; identify attractions and unique venues that best fit your group's needs.