Media Influencer Rally and Lounge
Monday, July 21, 2014 - Wednesday, July 23
Rally: 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM (Monday - Concurrent Session)
Lounge: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Monday - Wednesday - Recharge Refuel w/Influencers)
Location: Copperleaf Conference Rooms 1 & 2
In this first-ever event, DMAI will convene some of the industry’s best and brightest media Influencers during DMAI’s annual convention. Throughout this one-day rally, destinations will meet face to face with 25 influential journalists, photographers, bloggers, and instagrammers in travel media circles today. DMOs are invited to share stories and pitch ideas about their destination for exposure across multiple channels.
On the same day, two separate panel discussions, co-presented by DMAI and TBEX will be conducted to educate destinations on how to best engage new media using innovative concepts.
Immediately following the panel discussions, DMOs and Influencers have the option to participate in speed networking.
Sponsored by: Twitter Travel
In Partnership with: TBEX & Brand USA
Schedule at a Glance: Rally
Monday, July 21, 2014
Panel Discussion I: (concurrent)
Destination focus: Curating innovative content + storytelling = (innovative ways to leverage new media to promote destinations through Influencers)
Today’s destination marketers are challenged with cutting through the noise and attracting the attention of many types of Influencers to story tell the experience of their destination. From global-jetsetter, social media Influencers, to traditional media outlets, learn how best to curate innovative content that gets noticed.
Destination marketers will connect with Influencers in the trenches and learn how these outlets source destination content for stories, as well as proven strategies and best practices to create fun, innovative campaigns that bring life to the best your beautiful city, state and region has to offer.
Moderator: Anne Taylor Hartzell, founder, Hip Travel Mama
- Robert Reid, Offbeat Observer, National Geographic
- Johnny Jet, The Travel Insider, JohnnyJet.com
- Jen Leo, L.A. Times Travel
- Jaume Marin, Marketing Director, Costa Brava Tourism
Panel Discussion II: (concurrent)
Understanding Influencer Criteria – Who and how to select Influencers: Once you're identified your marketing and editorial goals, you're ready to find the right Influencers to work with to achieve those goals. It doesn't have to be a daunting task, and this panel, composed of Influencers and industry representatives, will show you how to break down your search into easy steps. You'll learn how to:
- Discover Influencers with demographics that match your target audience
- Learn how to develop relationships with Influencers before you need them
- Create alternatives to the traditional press release
- Verify Influencer readership and reach
- Find Influencers that are qualified, on target for your needs
Moderator: Rick Calvert, CEO, TBEX
- Sheila Scarborough Co-founder, Tourism Currents + Perceptive Travel
- Gary Ardnt, Founder, Everything Everywhere
- Sarah Gavin, Director of Public Relations and Social Media, Expedia
- Talia Salem, Social Media Manager, Brand USA
- Chris Christensen, Founder, Amateur Traveler
|10:30 am-12:30 pm:||Speed Networking|
|12:30 pm-1:30 pm:||Lunch|
|1:30 pm-3:30 pm:||Global All-Stars Marketing Institute (regular DMAI programming)|
|4:30 pm – 6:00 pm:||Opening General Session (regular DMAI programming)|
|7:00 pm – 9:00pm:||Opening Celebration (regular DMAI programming)|
Tuesday & Wednesday
Influencers are invited to attend DMAI’s Annual Convention
- Format: 8 minute appointments @ two minute intervals
- DMO's must purchase table to participate
- Blogger Bridge available for appointment setting – will open mid june and will remain open until August 21, 2014 (30 days post event)
Influencer Logistics + Submissions:
Potential Influencers will be asked to complete an online submission form. To request confirmed attendance, Influencers will need to demonstrate their qualifications by submitting their blog, social media handles as well as two writing samples.
Influencers will begin being notified of their selection via email on Friday, June 6, 2014.