Developed in collaboration with destination marketing professionals through a global advisory group, Destination Arena allows you to compare your performance against other destination marketing organizations (DMOs) across more than 100 metrics, including measures for meetings sales, booking pace, leisure, membership, interactive, mobile and social.
Inspired by the growing demand for timely, relevant data, Destination Arena is designed to help DMOs understand and enhance their performance. In its ease of use, wide scope of metrics, DIY front end and supplementary consulting and professional services, Destination Arena delivers a level of intelligence far beyond anything the destination marketing industry has ever seen.
How it Works
DMOs volunteer to share information in exchange for access to comparative reporting. By contributing data and participating in this industry-wide initiative, DMOs will ultimately save hours of staff time and have instant access to industry-wide metrics.
- Comprehensive DMO data that complies with DMAI Performance Handbook Standards
- Industry Averages and Competitive Sets
- Averages and Competitive Sets
- 7 Categories of 100 Strategic Metrics
- Efficient Data Collection
- Customized Reports
To learn more visit http://destinationarena.com/ or conact Rick Vaughan, Sr. VP and Managing Director of Destination Arena.
State of the Industry Report
As a supplement to the online reporting tools, Destination Arena can also prepare quarterly and annual reports with extended data analysis from our economists and statisticians.
These reports provide information on big-picture trends, such as tourism demand indicators, and examine your DMO against global data sets and trends for shares of meetings and room nights won, domestic vs. international website visitors, measures of productivity, air capacity, visitor spending and more.
The reports are a product of data collected from the State of the Industry Survey. The main purpose of the State of the Industry Survey is to gather key input from industry leaders and other stakeholder groups on the current state of DMOs and their future role. The data collected from respondents is distilled into industry trends and strategies and shared with DMAI members via the State of the Industry Report.
Business Intelligence Task Force
A dedicated group of DMO leaders are taking up the helm of further refining the Destination Arena product to suit the dynamic needs of the destination marketing industry.
- Mike Mooney, EVP/COO, Visit Phoneix
- Greg Pierce, EVP/Chief Administrative Officer, Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Tracy Lakeman, CEO, Tourism Richmond
- Mark Thompson, Executive Director, Plano Convention and Visitors Bureau
- John Cychol, Vice President of Sales, Ft. Worth Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Jerry Cito, Vice President of Sales, NYC and Company
- Vimal Vyas, Director of Information Technology, Visit Raleigh
- Valeta Sweet, Information Technology Manager, Visit Spokane
- Justin Bresler, Vice President of Marketing, Visit Denver
- David Atkins, Vice President of Digital Marketing, Visit Pittsburgh
- Christine Cramer, Director of Market Analysis & Research, Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Lauren-Hansen Flaschen, Manager of Research and Policy, Visit Philadelphia
- Todd O'Leary, Director of Partnership, San Francisco Travel Association
- Bruce Gudenberg, Vice President of Partnerships & Alliances, Destination DC
- Roni Thomas, CFO, Visit Tucson
- Jeff Conroy, Director of Finance/Controller, Visit Orlando
- Charles Jeffers, COO, DMAI
- Rick Vaughan, Senior Vice President, Destination Arena, DMAI