This Thursday, we celebrate the first-ever North American Meetings Industry Day, led by the Meetings Mean Business Coalition. Why should this inaugural day of awareness matter to you?
As DMOs, we understand first hand how close the relationship between meetings and a destination can be.
These relationships are built over the course of (potentially) years, and likewise provide lasting benefits to businesses, to people, to communities, and generate ideas and innovations that benefit society as a whole. With the DMO channel driving one in every five group room nights each year, we are an integral part of this community.
All across North America, DMOs are hosting press conferences, receptions, blitzes, and other events in celebration of the impact of meetings.
- Visit Puerto Vallarta - Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Chiapas CVB - Chiapas, Mexico
- CVB Latin America - Culiacán, Mexico
- OFCV Guadalajara - Guadalajara, Mexico
- Naples, Marco Island, Everglades, CVB - Naples, Florida
- Las Vegas Meetings Mean Business Planning Committee (LVCVA represented) - Las Vegas, Nevada
- Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau - Albany, New York
- Visit Buffalo Niagara - Buffalo, New York
- Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau, Saratoga Springs, New York
Meeting Professionals International (MPI) is likewise hosting several events through local chapters. Be sure to participate in the many face to face gatherings supporting the cause of this important industry.