Fifity DMO sales leaders joined DMAI in Chicago last week for a great day of exploring the evolving roles of DMO sales professionals. Hearing six video interviews of both meeting professionals and hotel sales veterans, industry leaders identified the key roles to support the DMO sales professionals' brand promise and value proposition.
A new INSIDE OUT education session designed to train DMO sales professionals on these key evolving areas will be rolled out at the morning of Destinations Showcase in Washington DC on March 14, 2013. For resources on the first INSIDE OUT education session on the DMO value proposition, please click here.
In addition, peer-to-peer discussions at the Convention Sales Forum included the following topics:
- Sales professional incentive programs,
- Event impact calculator practices,
- Working with third parties,
- Trends in social media for group meetings,
- DMO-DMO collaboration,
- Delegate v. room nights sales goals, and
- Other sales practices: convention calendars, eduFAMs, etc.
For more information on INSIDE OUT and what was covered at the forum, contact Terri Roberts at email@example.com.