Over the summer, I shared that a common complaint that we hear from planners is that the overall DMO business experience is not consistent. Many planners would rather just go to someone else than sit and try to figure us all out. We discovered that three things that planners want when engaging with our channel were:
- Planners want a more consistent shopping experience from the DMO industry.
- Planners want a consolidated place to see what's new and what's in development in our destinations, as well as offers and incentives.
- Planners want to make sure their information and history is carried over seamlessly from destination to destination -- instead of having to start over every time with a new city.
Not only is empowerMINT.com launched a newly redesigned website is built to streamline how planners engage with us, we've been proactively launching dedicated campaigns to get this information out in front of planners.
Organized by region, these twice monthly emails incorporate:
- News from every empowerMINT DMO with direct link to their destination profile.
- Timely and important articles, podcasts and complimentary webinars on meeting planning tips, with the call to action of working with DMOs and finding them all at empowerMINT.com.
- Showcase DMO special offers and promotions from the region.
Because of this new opportunity to highlight what's new in your destination directly to meeting planners interested in your region, I recommend:
- Ensuring that your destination profile is up to date with the most complete and accurate information.
- Review the contact information of your sales professionals listed.
- Add any DMO promotions to your profile to highlight in the email.
- Review the destination news feed that pulls information off the wire onto your profile.
To stay up to date on when your region is being showcased in our regular campaigns, contact me at email@example.com.