Exactly a year ago, I started working with an incredible group of sales and marketing pros in Des Moines, Raleigh, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, and Tampa Bay on a three-month project called the Buddy2Buddy Challenge, to take a more personal, advisory approach to "business to business."
You can read more about the project itself, but in short, the program of webinars, exercises, and video journals encouraged participants to step up their ability to break past the boundaries of traditional salesmanship. We focused on engaging with their customers on a consistent and on-going basis, using a variety of methods, to set up planner relationships for the long term.
On this anniversary of the initial launch, I encourage all sales pros to make use of their experience and the material for your own benefit:
- Buddy2Buddy Challenge: First Class: Introduction to the Buddy2Buddy Challenge and its goals.
- Buddy2Buddy Challenge: Things You Never Thought You'd Know About Your Peers: Meet the sales pros and get to know their styles. How are they similar to yours, and how are they different?
- Buddy2Buddy Challenge: Gaining Planners' Trust: Set up your planner relationships for success by understanding their business and the major players thoroughly. Download the qualification checklist for your own use.
- Buddy2Buddy Challenge: Are You Calling with Purpose? Make sure your outreach gets results by being useful to planners. Download the communication plan template for your own use.
- Buddy2Buddy Challenge: Results and Wrap Up: Did you apply these techniques to your own groups? How were the results? Find out what happened with our sales pros in this final video.