2014 DMO Compensation & Benefits Study
2014 DMO Compensation & Benefits Study Questionnaire off to a Strong Start!
DMAI launched the questionnaire for its 2014 DMO Compensation & Benefits Study last week and already 73 DMOs are hard at work completing it.
The most comprehensive study on DMO HR practices, ‘Comp & Benecritical topics -- salary and compensation, retirement plans, healthcare and insurance practices -- invaluable information for DMOs preparing annual budgets or justifying staff investment to stakeholders. For 2014, more than 50 DMO job functions are examined as well as the rapidly changing healthcare environment. The goal for 2014 is 300 participants (271 participated in 2012) and an even stronger representation among smaller DMOs
The deadline for completed questionnaires is Monday, March 10, 2014. Here are the benefits DMOs receive by completing the questionnaire:
- A free Respondent Report that includes your DMO’s information for key positions alongside the aggregated results of the total respondents, your budget and employee size ranges.
- Substantial discount for the Online Searchable Results Program (an easy-to-use program that allows you to search for results using robust, flexible search criteria). The Full Report, a PDF report of the results broken out by pre-selected budget categories and employee ranges, is included with the Searchable Results.
A few DMO facts revealed by the 2012 study include:
- With the easing of the recession, DMOs began to reinvest in staff: One-third of respondents created new positions and filled them while an additional 22% filled vacant/previously frozen positions.
- The number of DMOs reducing travel, training or other employee-related expenses dropped by 39%.
- Almost one out of ten DMOs added employee benefits.
- Nearly two-thirds (61%) took steps to reduce healthcare costs which increased 8% increase over the previous year. The most popular steps were changing insurance carriers, increasing deductibles and increasing employees’ share of co-pays.
- High deductible health plans/health savings accounts (HSAs) are becoming increasingly popular (20% offered vs. 18% two years ago and 9% four years ago).
For more information on this study, including lost USERIDs and passwords, contact DMAI.
73 DMOs have started to complete the questionnaire online for DMAI’s 2014 DMO Compensation & Benefits Study as of 3pmEST 02-19-14. Is your DMO listed?
Albert Lea Convention & Visitors Bureau
Alexandria Convention & Visitors Association
Amarillo Convention & Visitors Council
Annapolis & Anne Arundel County Conference & Visitors Bureau
Auburn/Opelika Convention & Visitors Bureau
Auglaize & Mercer Counties CVB
Cannon Beach Chamber of Commerce
Carroll County CVB
Chinook Country Tourist Association
City of Warwick, Dept. of Tourism, Culture & Development
Clermont County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Clinton County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Colorado Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau
Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau
Dalton Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
Darke County Visitors Bureau
Discover St. Louis Park
Dublin Convention & Visitors Bureau
Elkhart County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau
Florence Convention & Visitors Bureau
Fresno/Clovis Convention & Visitors Bureau
Gold Beach Visitor Center
Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau
Greater Phoenix Convention & Visitors Bureau
Greater Raleigh Convention & Visitors Bureau
Greene County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Greensboro Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
Hayward Lakes VCB
Henry County Illinois Tourism Bureau
Houma Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
Indiana Dunes Tourism
Janesville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
Lafayette LA Convention & Visitors Commission
Lake Erie Shores & Islands
Lake Havasu City Convention & Visitors Bureau
Laurel Highlands Visitors Bureau
Longmont Area Visitors Association
Mammoth Lakes Visitors Bureau
McAllen Convention & Visitors Bureau
Mitchell Convention & Visitors Bureau
New Smyrna Beach Area Visitors Bureau & Visitors Center
Rock Hill/York County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Roseville Visitors Association
Saint John Destination Marketing Inc.
San Marcos Convention & Visitor Bureau
Santa Rosa Convention & Visitors Bureau
South County Tourism Council, Inc
Stevens Point Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
Stockton Convention & Visitors Bureau
Tuscarawas County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Valley Forge Convention and Visitors Bureau
Visit Baton Rouge
Visit Lake County
Visit Lubbock, The Convention & Visitors Bureau
Visit South Walton
Visit Topeka Incorporated
Washington County Tourist Development Council
Wayne County CVB
York County Convention & Visitors Bureau